cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Migration from Web Hosting Linux to Linux Hosting with cPanel

I currently have the Deluxe Web Hosting Linux plan, according to the web hosting plans on GoDaddy's website this entitles me to the use of PHP 7 and 7.1 as well as cPanel. When I access my hosting management I instead see their propriety control panel and can only access PHP 5.3, 5.4 and 5.6. Is this due to the cPanel plan being introduced after my purchase and not being grandfathered in or am I looking at the completely wrong hosting plan?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Migration from Web Hosting Linux to Linux Hosting with cPanel

Hi @edemms

Cpanel hosting is our newest hosting platform. If you have our Web Hosting Linux plan, it is slightly older than our cPanel plans and the highest PHP level supported is 5.6.27. You will need to upgrade by purchasing a cPanel plan to have access to PHP 7 and 7.1

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Migration from Web Hosting Linux to Linux Hosting with cPanel

Hi,

I have a related question.  My site www.grahamtownsend.com is a wordpress blog and currently hosted on GoDaddy with an Economy Web Hosting Linux plan.  After a wordpress update I can't log into my wordpress admin page, I get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function random_int() in /home/content/66/5173866/html/wordpress/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 2339

I think perhaps this is because my hosting plan only has PHP 5.6 and wordpress needs PHP 7 to work properly after the update.  Some other bits of my site are broken, but the big problem is of course not being able to access wp-admin.

So I have purchased a GoDaddy Economy Linux Hosting with cPanel package, as I understand that gets me PHP 7.  Can you tell me how to transfer my site onto the new hosting though?  When I try to set up the new hosting package it won't allow me to use my domain, grahamtownsend.com, as it says it is hosted elsewhere...

Many thanks!