cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New

Cannot connect to Godaddy website via FTP, but I can connect to other websites with same FTP.

Cannot connect to Godaddy website via FTP anymore, but I can connect to other websites with same FTP. Godaddy says it's a problem with the ISP.

I think I should be able to connect anywhere in the world, ISP shouldn't matter.

I am using Classic FTP, my system is too old to get Filezilla.

Any thoughts? I think my website is worthless now since I cannot connect to it.

8 REPLIES 8
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Cannot connect to Godaddy Website via FTP, but I can connect to other websites with same FTP

@mf3,

What Website Hosting Package are you using?...

Are you getting any Error Message when you try to connect, or nothing happens...

Have you tried using cPanel File Manager...

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

GoDaddy 24/7 Support www.x.co/247support
----->NEXIA
New

Re: Cannot connect to Godaddy Website via FTP, but I can connect to other websites with same FTP

I don't know which hosting package it is, does it matter? I used to be able to connect. I can connect to my newspaper to send photos to it from anywhere in the world, but I cannot connect to my website. Godaddy blames my ISP which I think is ridiculous. I should be able to connect anywhere in the world, ISP shouldn't matter.

I don't know how to get the cpanel, I watched the video, but couldn't find it. I am using Classic FTP and have already checked username and password.

Helper V
Helper V

@mf3,

What is the Error Message?, Please specify that...

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

----->NEXIA
New

ERROR Unable to log onto server.

Please check that the server address is correct or the firewall is not turned on.

Helper V
Helper V

@mf3,

What are you entering in server address?...

Try entering your domain name or IP address in Host parameter, and see if that works...

Also login into your GoDaddy account and double-check FTP settings...

What is your domain name?...

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

----->NEXIA
New

I don't have FTP, I have managed wordpress.

I have already checked all the names and passwords.

Helper V
Helper V

@mf3,

Please provide your domain name to investigate, Thank you...

Regards,

Praveen Thomas

----->NEXIA
New

Please make sense of the determination made by Godaddy that it is an ISP problem.

Cannot connect to Godaddy website via FTP anymore, but I can connect to other websites with same FTP. Godaddy says it's a problem with the ISP.

I think I should be able to connect anywhere in the world, ISP shouldn't matter.

I am using Classic FTP, my system is too old to get Filezilla.

Any thoughts? I think my website is worthless now since I cannot connect to it.