cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

BulletProof Security Plugin - no htaccess file present

This is a repost with the correct Title.

When I log-in to my dashboard I get this error message from the BPS security plugin:

An htaccess file was not found in your wp-admin folder

I used to have shared hosting with the guy who created my website and I transferred my hosting from Hostgator to GoDaddy back in September 2016. Not sure if this is relevant. If I click on the 'Activate' wp-admin button it just returns the same error message.

Any ideas where to start looking?

3 REPLIES 3

How To: Delete Active User

When I log-in to my dashboard I get this error message from the BPS security plugin:

An htaccess file was not found in your wp-admin folder

I used to have shared hosting with the guy who created my website and I transferred my hosting from Hostgator to GoDaddy back in September 2016. Not sure if this is relevant. If I click on the 'Activate' wp-admin button it just returns the same error message.

Any ideas where to start looking?

Re: How To: Delete Active User

ps: I don't know where this title came from. I entered something about BPS security plugin.....

New
Solution

Re: How To: Delete Active User

Most likely you have Go Daddy Managed WordPress Hosting (GDMW).  GDMW hosting does not allow you to have/use a wp-admin htaccess file, which is perfectly safe/fine since GDMW hosting locks down the WordPress wp-admin folder. Go to the BPS Setup Wizard Options page and choose "yes" for this option setting:  Go Daddy Managed WordPress Hosting (GDMW):