• GoCentral | Website Builder
  • GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution

Sitemap on GoDaddy Web Builder site

HELP!!!  I built my site using GoDaddy's web builder template, which supposedly does everything for a novice (me), including submitting the sitemap to Google.  The SEO on my site (www.bonitabeachfrontrental.com) on Google is almost non-existent.  But, I am on the first page of Bing and Yahoo.  I keep registering the site with Google Search Console to be indexed and Google is unable to do so.  Here is the error message from Google: 

We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit.

GoDaddy says the sitemap code is included and they keep telling me to go to Google.  Google says its not their issue if they cannot recognize the sitemap and are unable to index my site.  Should I pay to have someone convert my GoDaddy Web Builder to WordPress? 

I am convinced that there is something inherently wrong with GoDaddy's code.  They keep trying to sell me more SEO services, etc. 

2 REPLIES 2
    Highlighted
    Solution

Re: Sitemap on GoDaddy Web Builder site

Hi @mschupp

Please make sure you are submitting the right sitemap which is: https://bonitabeachfrontrental.com/sitemap.xml. The sitemap is automatically generated so it's not something we can modify from our end. Google would need to provide you with the specifics of why they are unable to access it.

KayJay - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
    24/7 support available at x.co/247support

Re: Sitemap on GoDaddy Web Builder site

Im not doin so hot either, you are not alone.