• GoCentral | Website Builder

cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Go to solution
    Helper I

GoCentral Online Store: Add Handling Fee to Shipping Cost

This may already be answered somewhere, but is there a way to add a handling fee to my shipping cost without flat-out including in the price of my merchandise?

I ask because it really should not be included in the item price -- it should be listed as part of the shipping. What I would like to do is set up a % fee for all items based on the shipping charge, or even have a place to enter a raw dollar amount on each item that will be added to the shipping cost, but I'm not seeing that anywhere. It may simply not exist, but it certainly should.

Thanks!

ORO Woodworks
    5 REPLIES 5
    Helper I
    Solution

Re: GoCentral Online Store: Handling Fee

Just in case anyone else is looking for something along these lines, I went ahead and did it through the "tax" settings. I set up a 10% fee listed as "Handling - Box, Packing Materials, Labor" for each country that my basic USPS set up ships to -- US, US Virgin Islands, Guam, Canada, Puerto Rico.

So, if anyone else needs something like this and doesn't want to include it in the cost of their merchandise, this might be a workable solution. It is what I'll be doing for now.

ORO Woodworks
    Community Manager
    Community Manager

Hi @OROWoodworks. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! There isn't a way to add a specific handling charge that would be separate from shipping. The only way I can think of to accomplish what you're trying to do (apart from what you've explained above) is to specify a shipping cost on each individual item. That works similar to a flat rate charge. You can set that when you're editing the product (see below). It would be more work, but you could then have shipping and handling separate from the product price. 

GC product shipping.jpg

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.
    Helper I

Hi @JesseW,

Thanks for the reply. I considered this, but the problem for me is that with my items (large heavy woodworking pieces) the price varies significantly. A package that ships for around $23 to Chicago is about $35-$40 to get to New York. If I could use flat rate packaging for my products that would probably be the route I would take, but few of my products will fit in a flat rate box or envelope.

ORO Woodworks
    New

Really appreciate this, @OROWoodworks -- I've been struggling with this too.  I'll do this!!

Helper I

No problem.

I actually just downgraded my subscription to a regular business account with no store. The store wasn't getting anything done, but my Etsy shop has been doing very well recently, so focusing on that for now. If I ever need the store in order to expand, I'll just upgrade back to the shop account.

ORO Woodworks