cancel
    Showing results for 
    Search instead for 
    Did you mean: 
    Highlighted
    estieg
    Former Employee

Email not sending using Thunderbird - Tutorial

RSC writes,  I use Thunderbird to access my GoDaddy E-Mail accounts.  About a month ago it started making reenter or retry sending several times before it would send, but it would send!  I've been using Thunderbrid for several years to do this, with few problems.  I was able to use yesterday. Today it refuses to send!  I had slightly different;

Port 3534

Security: None

Authentication: Password, transmitted insecurely

I tried what you had said to DK7

Port 465

Security: SSL.TLS

Normal Password

I also tried exiting and restarting Thunderbird.  Then restarted computer.

Still won't send.

Any thoughts?  Worked yesterday!  I also have another GoDaddy/Thunderbird account I'm using, the settings, except for account and user names is the same.

EditorA writes, 

My story is like RSC's: for a while, it would take several clicks of the "Retry" button to send e-mail in Thunderbird. Starting yesterday, I cannot get past the Login Failed box. Webmail works, and I haven't changed my POP mail settings for the outgoing server:

Port: 3535

Authentication method: Password, transmitted insecurely

Connection Security: None

Everything was solved by switching from POP to IMAP; GoDaddy tech support was very helpful in the process.

If I answered your question, please mark it as the solution or give it a "Kudo"
    1 REPLY 1

Re: Email not sending using Thunderbird - Tutorial

The hosting of my domain was recently transfered to GODDADY. It created a nightmare for mu business since it will not let me send emails using Mozilla Thunderbird which has been my email client for years. (I do receive emails).

Spent countless hours with GODADDY support through chat.  No help.

Their final suggestion that I use OUTLOOK.  That sounds like a copeout, or some sort of collusion between Microsoft and GoDaddy. 

I have used the suggested solution in this forum using  the suggested settings in the following forum postings.  STILL NOT SENDING.

Please help  HELP !!!!!!

@estieg wrote:

RSC writes,  I use Thunderbird to access my GoDaddy E-Mail accounts.  About a month ago it started making reenter or retry sending several times before it would send, but it would send!  I've been using Thunderbrid for several years to do this, with few problems.  I was able to use yesterday. Today it refuses to send!  I had slightly different;

Port 3534

Security: None

Authentication: Password, transmitted insecurely

I tried what you had said to DK7

Port 465

Security: SSL.TLS

Normal Password

I also tried exiting and restarting Thunderbird.  Then restarted computer.

Still won't send.

Any thoughts?  Worked yesterday!  I also have another GoDaddy/Thunderbird account I'm using, the settings, except for account and user names is the same.

EditorA writes, 

My story is like RSC's: for a while, it would take several clicks of the "Retry" button to send e-mail in Thunderbird. Starting yesterday, I cannot get past the Login Failed box. Webmail works, and I haven't changed my POP mail settings for the outgoing server:

Port: 3535

Authentication method: Password, transmitted insecurely

Connection Security: None

Everything was solved by switching from POP to IMAP; GoDaddy tech support was very helpful in the process.