cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
Highlighted
New

transfer expired domain. How to unlock the domain?

hello 

no way to get into godaddy support  ( after long wait no one esclates the issue correctly)

i have a domin already expired and get his authorization code, 

sci-vendome.com 

i can't see the domain in the list of domain managers, i  paid already with a new registrar but the domain is still locked at godaddy side 

the domain is sci-vendome.com 

please advice how to unlock the domain 

Regards 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II Super User II
Super User II
Solution

Re: transfere expired domain

Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @redasa,

A review of the domain in a whois directory shows that it is not in a "Pending Transfer" status. That would mean that no valid request to transfer the domain has been received through the Registry to GoDaddy. As expiration was on the 5th of this month, you still should be able to transfer it out of the GoDaddy account. 

If you had made the request before the domain was unlocked it would have failed - requiring you to re-initiate the transfer at the new/gaining registrar. If you haven't done so already, please go to the Domains tab in the Domain Manager and choose "Expired Domains". Click the dots next to the domain and choose "Domain Settings". Near the bottom of the resulting page, you can send yourself the Authorization Code in the "Additional Settings" area. 

If you wish to renew the domain instead, you will need to wait 45 days to transfer. Renewing a domain, then transferring within 45 days will result in the loss of the renewal year as the domain moves through the Registry to the gaining/new registrar. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User II
Solution

Highlighted
New

Thank you for the answer, 

but nothing shown in the transfer out please see below image 

and the registrar reported that the transfer was denied from GoDaddy side 

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Super User II

This is time sensitive as the grace period for .com domains is 18 days after expiry, after that is redemption period which would require additional fees to recover the domain.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/renew-my-expired-domain-5018

https://www.godaddy.com/help/renewing-my-expired-domain-name-609

The domain needs to be unlocked before initiating the transfer.  I am not sure at this point where you are having troubles.  But with the time sensitive nature it may be best to work directly with support to get this sorted.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/contact-us

Highlighted
New

the technical support reported that i have to pay one year a gain or waiting more 35 days, 

in additional to very bad support and bulk of daily spam 

godaddy commercial is real mafia work 

Highlighted
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @redasa,

A review of the domain in a whois directory shows that it is not in a "Pending Transfer" status. That would mean that no valid request to transfer the domain has been received through the Registry to GoDaddy. As expiration was on the 5th of this month, you still should be able to transfer it out of the GoDaddy account. 

If you had made the request before the domain was unlocked it would have failed - requiring you to re-initiate the transfer at the new/gaining registrar. If you haven't done so already, please go to the Domains tab in the Domain Manager and choose "Expired Domains". Click the dots next to the domain and choose "Domain Settings". Near the bottom of the resulting page, you can send yourself the Authorization Code in the "Additional Settings" area. 

If you wish to renew the domain instead, you will need to wait 45 days to transfer. Renewing a domain, then transferring within 45 days will result in the loss of the renewal year as the domain moves through the Registry to the gaining/new registrar. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

View solution in original post