cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Will I lose all my emails if I transfer my domain?

I'm not using workspace email. My email account is hosted on a different server and the MX Records are updated. However, when trying to transfer the domain, I get the following warnings:

Services that may be disrupted:

• Associated website or email service
  • Starter/For Sale Web Page
  • Associated DNS zone files

Now, I have selected the option to keep the current nameservers, but I'm not willing to risk my clients' emails by doing this transfer. Will this delete and clear all of my Client's emails? I can't transfer without being certain.

3 REPLIES 3
Solution

Re: Will I lose all my emails if I transfer my domain?

Hello DKaikster,

I understand you are not using our email service and if you are transferring a domain name that warning you are encountering is not relative to your clients email messages its only referring to the products within the account.

By selecting the option to keep your current nameservers your dns will be sent intact to the new provider. Just be sure that when it arrives in the new location that the nameservers have not deviated.

Mike L. | WebPro

can someone help me with this as I have been trying to do this for ages since I bought this domain name and now time is of the essence which I have few of.  🙂

no my question is directing my domain to wix. I am trying to transfer it to wix.  wix says connected but gdd says for me to connect.  Is there anyone who can help me with this situation because I'm tired of this problem been trying to make this happen since I purchased it.