cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
netdesigncr
Novice

Transfer domain only with EPP KEY

Hi! I'm trying to transfer a domain from another company. I asked them to start the transfer to GoDaddy but they only gave me the EPP Key, it´s that ok? I only need this to accept the transfer?

When I look to Transfer Section I don´t have any request.

Thanks!

19 REPLIES
Pro Community Founder Mentor Pro Community Founder Mentor
Pro Community Founder Mentor
Solution

Re: Transfer domain only with EPP KEY

@netdesigncr, Did you initiate a transfer at GoDaddy? You need to do that first, and pay for it (which also renews the domain for a year). After you buy the transfer at GD, you will receive an email with a couple of Transaction Codes. You need those codes AND the EPP to complete the transfer.

netdesigncr
Novice

Thank you! I found it on GD. I did it and it's working. I did transfer the domain succesfully!

Pro Community Founder Mentor Pro Community Founder Mentor
Pro Community Founder Mentor

Yay! Always glad to hear when these things get resolved!

Hi, I was provided the EPP Key (Code) by our previous domain registrar, and have registered the transfer and paid for it but received an email that said GoDaddy needed authorization from the former registrar? How do I transfer the domain with the key code provided?

KBK
Novice

I am in the same boat.  Bought and paid for transfer to GoDaddy, never received an email with a Transaction ID or Security Code.   I have a pending transfer and I have received a transfer code from NetworkSolutions from where I am transferring.  Where do I get these codes?

Usman124
Novice

I have same problem, you were able to fix it ? 

I have the same issue.  I have an EPP code, but never received a mail with a transaction ID nor Security code.  

Did you get this resolved?

How so?

Shosie
Novice

How do I get my EPP code to transfer my domain away from GoDaddy

Hi I am looking to transfer my domain name away from GoDaddy, where do i get the code?

WieJetzt
Novice

So who will get the Email from GoDaddy with the

• Transaction ID: zzzzzz
  • Security Code: zzzzz

??? 

• GoDaddy account holder?
  • Admin Email from the Domain which need to be transferred?
  • anybody else??

the online help of GoDaddy suggest:

In the Transaction ID and Security Code fields, enter the transfer IDs GoDaddy sent to the administrative contact's (admin) email address (or registrant contact's email for .au domains)

still does this mean Admin contact of GoDaddy account of the to be transferred domain?

JayVee
Novice

When I look at the domain that needs to be transferred, I get 

Transfer status:
Authorization code needed.

With a button to resend the email. When I click that, I can see the email used is the email I used to create an account at godaddy, so not the administrator of the domain that's being transferred.

But, like other people here, I'm not receiving the email. I have the EPP code ready, but can't continue with the transfer because GoDaddy needs a transaction ID and security code that they THEMSELVES need to send me to the email address with which I am logged in and which has already been confirmed to be me. So:

1/ What exact security issue is the transaction ID / security code supposed to solve?

2/ Why is the email not arriving?

Do you have any idea how to give my transfer authorization code to godaddy?

Hi everyone,

I would like to transfer my website to go daddy.com website and I needed the authorization code.

I have already received it but in go daddy.com website I cannot fin the option to write it on my own they just send an email to the other network provider.

How can I inform go daddy.com that I have already my transfer authorization code? Or how is it possible to do it on my own?

I am looking for your help.

Thank you in advance

Best Regards,

Maria

bluebirdy
Novice

Hi All,

I did not get the transaction codes, either.

And I revised my SPAM folder and everything. And yes, I already paid for the transfer. So where is this email??

tV!fhJ2R%t3yZRt8

prettylincoln.com / tV!fhJ2R%t3yZRt8 from Jessica De Grauwe Register.eu Administration /

Tel:+32 2 247.37.30, administratie@register.eu date 16/08/2017

Re: tV!fhJ2R%t3yZRt8

Hi @wolsgangandreas,

Welcome to the community!

While it is not clear from your message as to what assistance you are looking for, it does appear by looking in a whois directory that the domain is now transferred to a GoDaddy account.

Let us know if you have further questions on the use of the domain or contact us at one of the options below the signature.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support
tkhamis77
Novice

You must enter a valid authorization code

I am trying to transfer my domain name out of namecheap.com to GoDaddy.com.

After unlocking the domain and getting the EPP code

Godaddy reject the code and keep asking to enter a valid code

Any ideas!

Capture.PNG

shi
Novice

Re: You must enter a valid authorization code

tkhamis77 wrote:

I am trying to transfer my domain name out of namecheap.com to GoDaddy.com.

After unlocking the domain and getting the EPP code

Godaddy reject the code and keep asking to enter a valid code

Any ideas!

Capture.PNG

Hi, I can see the domain is already with GoDaddy. Congrats! Can you tell me please how did you resolve the issue. I am facing same thing.

tkhamis77
Novice

Re: You must enter a valid authorization code

I just request a new EPP code from the original registrar and entered it here.

Transfer domain only with EPP KEY, no transaction code

Hello, 

I have a similar issue i have purchase these domain transfer twice to transfer to go daddy, with the epp code i got from the former registrar, i but i didn't get the transaction code to complete the transfer. please enlighten on this process.. where is the transaction code sent, is it to the admin email of the former registrar or the admin email of my godaddy domain. here is my

poaprofessional@gmail.com and i have check and wait for the mail but it didn't come. please kindly look into this as soon as possible. as my domain will expire in two weeks.