cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Getting Started

I migrated my website to a new domain, and it still accesses the old website before loading mine

Hello, so I originally parked my website at my friend's hosting 

When I bought my own domain and hosting I migrated my website just fine

But I noticed the load time was slow, and I saw at the bottom that it was still accessing my friend's website "waiting for ______.com" until it started accessing my own URL

I've been looking for solutions and I can't seem to find any

7 REPLIES 7
Retired
Not applicable

Hi @suzukiPC,

what is your domain name?

my domain name is http://suzukipcart.com

Additional thing I just discovered

so my website is responsive and when it gets a little smaller i get the hamburger menu right?

When I click on "home" there it leads me to the old parked URL (so of course it shows a 404 because my friend deleted my database on her domain)

But everything else is in working order

Retired
Not applicable

Hi @suzukiPC,

I don't see a problem except your site being very slow. 

The other issues are related to links made in the code of the site. Some will need to be updated. 

I'm not tech savvy but Ive pored through a lot of pages in the last week to try and resolve this issue

It is slow, because this happens:

first URL my site accessesand then after a while (and sometimes not at all) it would say "waiting for suzukipcart.com"

I've edited the wp_options > siteurl already to the appropriate URL and I've also edited wp-config

I can't find what's wrong at all and it's frustrating me because I need to pass this website for class in a few hours oIO<

Retired
Not applicable

@suzukiPC wrote:

I'm not tech savvy but Ive pored through a lot of pages in the last week to try and resolve this issue

It is slow, because this happens:

first URL my site accessesand then after a while (and sometimes not at all) it would say "waiting for suzukipcart.com"

I've edited the wp_options > siteurl already to the appropriate URL and I've also edited wp-config

I can't find what's wrong at all and it's frustrating me because I need to pass this website for class in a few hours oIO<

What do you mean @suzukiPC?

This is part of a college / school exam? Isn't that cheating? I'm sorry I can't help you further. I must say though that what teachers don't find out; future bosses do Smiley Frustrated 

Oh, please don't misunderstand

It isn't an exam, it's a requirement for a major project

We're allowed to use resources such as forums to help us fix our problems with our websites

Our class focuses on the content and not on the back end part of the website itself, so it's not cheating.