cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

How to restart a failed domain transfer?

Hi,

I started to transfer 2 domains from another provider's account, I received EPP keys, but it failed, I supposed because the domains were still locked.

I started the transfer again using different EPP keys and for one of them the transfer was ok, but the second one turned out to be declined and I couldn't manage it anymore from my GoDaddy account.

How can I restart to transfer the second one? May I use the same EPP keys that I received when the domain was finally unlocked?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Employee
Employee
Solution

Re: How to restart a failed domain transfer?

Hi @SamoCn

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately once the domain is in a "Denied" status for the transfer it will need to be manually restarted by our team. Please call in at your convenience and our agent will be happy o review and help you restart the transfer request.

Best Wishes!

-Techfly 

New

Hi @TechFly

I called the assistance and the domain transfer was manually restarted. Now I was wondering if I can use the same transfer codes and EPP key that I received previously or do I need to wait for new ones?

Thank you,

Best regards.

Employee
Employee

Hi @SamoCn

Thank you for the response. Yes, you may use the same EPP (Authorization) code from the losing registrar, however the Transaction ID and Security may be different then what was issued on the previous request. 

Once the codes are submitted it will take normally a few minutes to validate the codes. If everything is validated properly you will see a stats of  "Transfer Processing" after refreshing the transfers screen. 

Best Wishes!

-Techfly 

Hi, trying to transfer my domains from GD to another Registrar i received this message 

Transfer is not possible for a domain with statuses '[CLIENT_DELETE_PROHIBITED, CLIENT_TRANSFER_PROHIBITED, OK, CLIENT_UPDATE_PROHIBITED, CLIENT_RENEW_PROHIBITED]'

Why do i receive this message  and what should i do to end this transfer successfully?