cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Hosting and Domain Name

Hi

I'm a total novice so bear with me as this might just be a dumb question

Last month I purchased my domain name on GoDaddy.  I've since purchased my hosting but with a completely different hosting company.

I'm eager to get started and everything seems good to go but my temp webpage still appears parked at GoDaddy.  

Is there something I need to do at the GoDaddy end to finalise the domain name transfer to my host company or does it just take time?  I'm trying to install wordpress but access is refused 

"OneClick Installer is unable to install on a domain that is not resolving/loading to this web account.

If this is a new web hosting account, or if this is a newly registered domain, please allow up to 24 hrs"

I get that it may take upto 24 hrs but didn't want to waste time if there was something I need to do at the GoDaddy side .

Thanks for your help guys, sorry for the vagueness :-)

1 REPLY 1
Super User I Super User I
Super User I
Solution

Re: Hosting and Domain Name

@remindschool

Your hosting company should provided you with the DNS name servers so that your domain name can point to your new WordPress install.

You would input those custom nameservers into your domain record on GoDaddy, give it a little time to propagate, and it will display your new site.

HTH! Smiley Wink

Judith
"Worry is a misuse of imagination." ~Unknown