cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
labono
Novice

Get authorization code (disabled)

I am trying to set up my domain on wordpress but Get authorization code (disabled) is disabled. How do I get my code?

3 REPLIES
GoDaddy Pro Journeyperson
GoDaddy Pro Journeyperson

Re: Get authorization code (disabled)

You can set up your domain/website on WordPress but you can't transfer the domain to WordPress within 60 days of registering it (or changing the contact info) That might be why it is restricted. If this is not the case, contact support so someone can look into it for you.

thehomehero
Novice

Somewhat dissatisfied with GD, I opted to change provider to an alternative. I have my new business site ready to go live but, in my opinion, GD appear to be intentionally delaying me moving my domain name away. 4 months down the line and now (like sooooo many before me) the "Get Authorization Code" is STILL disabled. Surely this is a simple fix?

My new provider is asking for GD to update the TAG from "" to the 1&1 Internet provider TAG "1AND1" but speaking to someone is next to impossible. 

Can someone please help?

Solution

Hi @thehomehero

Aaaah, your mention of the "tag" indicates that this is a .UK domain. The .UK registry doesn't use an authorization code to transfer. But they do need the current registrar (GoDaddy) to update the tag as requested. A call to our customer support will allow an agent to escalate that request for you to our CCTLD team. If you have already arranged for the transfer at 1AND1, this change will move the domain very quickly. 

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support