cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Expired domain name transfer

Hello!

I want to transfer out (to another registrar) some .com domains I have recently received in my Godaddy account. They were pushed to my GD account from another GD account. At that time I updated the contact information, so they are under the 60 day transfer lock. These domains will expire in around 15-20 days. I have a few questions:

1 - Would I be able to transfer out these domains AFTER their expiration date?

2 - If it's possible to transfer out domains after their expiration date, will there be any costs from GD's side for this operation?

3 - How much time after expiration, do I have to transfer them out to a new registrar?

4 - If this is possible, how do I do it?

Best regards!

Ruben

3 REPLIES 3
Helper VI
Helper VI

Re: Expired domain name transfer

Hi @rubencouto, welcome to the community! Smiley Happy

I think you should renew the domain, then after the 60 day lock, you can transfer it out.

Maybe in the help page you can find info about this.

If you can't find anything, you should contact support in order to receive the proper answers.

Hope it helps!

If you find my replies helpful, give me a like or kudo Smiley Happy
And if I solved your issue, mark it as solution Smiley Very Happy

Hello!

I understand that would be the simplest solution. However, I would save some money if I could transfer out. So I'm really interested in knowing about the way Godaddy handles transfer out requests for expired domains.

Best regards!

Ruben

Hi @rubencouto,

You can transfer out expired domains, but only for about 30 days following expiration. If the 60-day lock exceeds that time, the domains could be returned to the registry and unavailable to you. 

You may write to review60@godaddy.com if you wish to have the changes reverted and the lock removed so that you may transfer. The registrant information can then be updated at the new registrar after transfer.

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support

TLH - GoDaddy | Community Moderator
Supporting you at x.co/247support