cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

GoDaddy Auction, newly registered domains in different registrar

Hi, I have domains newly registered with a different registrar (Name.com), and I want to sell the domains on GoDaddy Auction. Now, I know there's this 60 day new registration holding period before I can transfer a domain to different registrar, but Name.com says I can do so within 5 days if it's an internal transfer of ownership within Name.com.

So, my question is, when my domain is sold on GoDaddy Auction, am I able to arrange it so that, basically, everything works out within 5 days? Or do I need to wait 60 days given that domains are not actually registered on GoDaddy, and I've just purchased the domains?

1 REPLY 1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Solution

Re: GoDaddy Auction, newly registered domains in different registrar

Hi @mkyol. Thanks for being part of GoDaddy Community! You can still use GoDaddy Auctions if your domain is less than 60 days old. (Keep in mind that this is not the case for premium listings or our fast transfer network.) However, the only way you'd be able to get a domain to a buyer within that timeframe is if they agree to set up an account with your current registrar. You would then work out the transfer between your selves. You can reach out to auctions@godaddy.com if you'd like to use our auctions team as an intermediary so you don't have to share personal information.

JesseW - GoDaddy | Community Manager | 24/7 support available at x.co/247support | Remember to choose a solution and give kudos.