cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

does backordering actually give a priority in buying an expiring domain??

The way the description of the service explains it, if you are the only person who's backordered an expiring domain, the domain is yours unless it's eligible for an auction. However, the description of the expiration process says that all expiring GoDaddy domains are eventually auctioned. Which suggests that backordering is merely a fancy way of being the first one to make a bet rather than a real advantage. What I'm basically asking is this: is backordering gives an actual privilege in a "fight" for an expiring domain (lets you bypass the auction unless there are other backorderers, for example), or is it merely a convenience? Or say, if I don't backorder but monitor the status of an expiring domain daily, am I at disadvantage to someone who's backordered?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Rockstar II

@MaverickJaxson I've used Godaddy backordering before and despite Godaddy saying that if the domain is registered with Godaddy and you place a backorder then that basically guarantees that you get the domain but frankly it's not true. I've backordered domains that were held at Godaddy and they still dropped and I was able to hand register it for registration fee. I recommend using DropCatch if its a domain that you really want to secure.

---

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Rockstar II

@MaverickJaxson I've used Godaddy backordering before and despite Godaddy saying that if the domain is registered with Godaddy and you place a backorder then that basically guarantees that you get the domain but frankly it's not true. I've backordered domains that were held at Godaddy and they still dropped and I was able to hand register it for registration fee. I recommend using DropCatch if its a domain that you really want to secure.

---

View solution in original post