cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution

Query on bidding time

I had a domain in my bidding list with 1 day and 7 hrs as Time Left when checked yesterday at 6 PM (IST). Today morning it's showing 90 days and 12 hrs left. What would be the reason behind this?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello again @sandeepk84 !

I am by no means an expert or have experience at buying and selling domains. The GoDaddy Auctions article linked within my last response would be able to provide more in-depth explanation to your questions and any other questions you may have. As previously mentioned, the domain owner listed the domain for a 7-day auction with a reserve and since the reserve was not met then it was listed for auction again for 90 days. Again this is just a theory of what could have happened as I have no communication with the domain owner.

If you place a domain for bid with a reserve, meaning it has to sell at an amount set by the domain owner. This is one of four options you have when selling domains. The domain owner has full control about how they place their domains for auction and the link provided also goes into more in-depth explanation on the different options sellers have when selling domains and answer other questions you may come across when selling domains.

I apologize for my lack of expertise on this subject matter and you will find the help article linked will provide better answers. Best of luck with Buying/Selling Domains 🎊!

GoDaddy Support is available 24/7!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Employee

Hello @sandeepk84 and thank you for being a part of the Community!

I apologize for the delayed response. With GoDaddy Auctions, you can list domain names for either 7 or 90 days, depending on the listing type you select. The most likely reason that this occurred according to the guide provided, the domain owner listed the domain for a 7-day auction with a reserve and since the reserve was not met then it was listed for auction again for 90 days.

Again I do apologize for the delayed response and I hope this response was helpful in regards to your troubleshooting. Have a wonderful rest of your week 😁.

Hi @SG4101,

I am not sure it was a 7-day auction since it was showing more then 7 days earlier. The same case applies to a 90 days auction too? I meant, the owner might have listed the domain for another 90 days?

Related to this I have a query. If I put my domain for bidding in 90 days auctions list  and if the expected price is not met, what are the options that I (the seller) can choose? Like, list it again for a 90-day or a 7-day auction, wait for some time/days before I list it again, etc. ? Here, I am trying to understand if that process is up to me or it goes to the any list automatically. Would be great if you can throw some light on this.  

Thanks

Hello again @sandeepk84 !

I am by no means an expert or have experience at buying and selling domains. The GoDaddy Auctions article linked within my last response would be able to provide more in-depth explanation to your questions and any other questions you may have. As previously mentioned, the domain owner listed the domain for a 7-day auction with a reserve and since the reserve was not met then it was listed for auction again for 90 days. Again this is just a theory of what could have happened as I have no communication with the domain owner.

If you place a domain for bid with a reserve, meaning it has to sell at an amount set by the domain owner. This is one of four options you have when selling domains. The domain owner has full control about how they place their domains for auction and the link provided also goes into more in-depth explanation on the different options sellers have when selling domains and answer other questions you may come across when selling domains.

I apologize for my lack of expertise on this subject matter and you will find the help article linked will provide better answers. Best of luck with Buying/Selling Domains 🎊!

View solution in original post

New

I see that this question has been 'solved' by a GD employee, but I do not believe that your question has been answered.

I have noticed the same thing with my 90 day listings for a number of years now; listings are removed hours before they are due to end and are then restamped with (for example) 90 days 18 hours left to go.