cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Domain goes straight to 'Didn't Sell'?

After my domain gets out of pending, it goes straight to 'Didn't Sell', not 'Selling'. It is 'walmarttheater.com'.

Why is it doing this?

GoDaddy just emailed me explaining it was trademarked 👍

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II

@land 

Yeah, trademark is an issue here.  Even though we can register any domain we would like, if it has a trademarked company/product/service name, you are just wasting your money.

Big companies like Walmart have of teams of lawyers scouring the net looking for infringers.  If that were to be used on a website, it would be a matter of time before they would file a DMCA complaint and get the site shutdown.

It is even wise for small little guys like us if we have trademarks to check every so often to make sure our trademarks aren't being used by anyone else.

So cut your losses and turn-off autorenew as there is nothing you'll be able to do with that domain.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." ~ Me

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II

@land 

Yeah, trademark is an issue here.  Even though we can register any domain we would like, if it has a trademarked company/product/service name, you are just wasting your money.

Big companies like Walmart have of teams of lawyers scouring the net looking for infringers.  If that were to be used on a website, it would be a matter of time before they would file a DMCA complaint and get the site shutdown.

It is even wise for small little guys like us if we have trademarks to check every so often to make sure our trademarks aren't being used by anyone else.

So cut your losses and turn-off autorenew as there is nothing you'll be able to do with that domain.

HTH! 😉

Judith
"I never lose. Either I win or I learn." ~ Me

View solution in original post