cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution
New

Backordering an eNom expiring domain & GoDaddy Auctions

Hi. From what I've gathered, eNom lists their expiring domains on GoDaddy Auctions. Now, if I place a backorder with GoDaddy for an eNom expiring domain, will I automatically win the domain with no auction as soon as eNom indicates it can be auctioned off, or will it still go into an auction?

I don't expect anyone else to place a backorder for this domain, or bid for it if it does go into an auction. However, I am thinking of placing a backorder in order to prevent the auction from taking place, since I want to get the domain as soon as possible. Will this work?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

If you have a backorder for a domain that goes to auction the service will actually autobid to open for you @ACE3. From there you will be notified on the auction status. If your bid is the high bid you win. Check out What are Domain Backorders? and Bidding on Domains You Backordered 

There are tons of soon to be expired domains that actually go to auction. The thought is you could not renew and let it go for free or drop it in auctions and maybe make a few dollars on it. I had one domain with some public backorders that went for a good price that way. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User II Super User II
Super User II

If you have a backorder for a domain that goes to auction the service will actually autobid to open for you @ACE3. From there you will be notified on the auction status. If your bid is the high bid you win. Check out What are Domain Backorders? and Bidding on Domains You Backordered 

There are tons of soon to be expired domains that actually go to auction. The thought is you could not renew and let it go for free or drop it in auctions and maybe make a few dollars on it. I had one domain with some public backorders that went for a good price that way. I hope that helps?

...turns out that my two cents is worth less or more depending on the current exchange rate.

roy darling *my posts seem a lot shorter in my head

View solution in original post

Thank you @rd! My confusion stemmed from this paragraph in What are Domain Backorders? :

"If you are the only customer with a backorder on the domain name, then we award the domain name to you without an auction."

But I guess that this only applies for domains that drop and get captured by GoDaddy, and not for ones that are auctioned off by eNom or another party before they drop, which is the case with the domain I'm interested in acquiring.

Thanks again for your help!