GoDaddy and Crowdfunder are teaming up to give away £1,000 to 10 amazing businesses!
Do you have a brilliant business idea? Then, get ready because we have teamed up with UK’s #1 crowdfunding website Crowdfunder.co.uk to give away £10,000 worth of funding to 10 amazing business ideas.
What is crowdfunding?
Crowdfunding has grown to become the second most active source of finance in the UK. Over the past few years, start-ups have increasingly been turning away from traditional bank lending and looking towards more flexible sources of funding, like crowdfunding.
In 2016, it was revealed that crowdfunding had surpassed angel funding and private investment vehicles to become the second most active funding source in the UK.
What business ideas are we looking for?
- If you running or have a great idea for a business within the food and drink industry this competition is for you!
- If you are running or have a great idea for a social enterprise, this competition is for you!
- If you are a female entrepreneur looking for additional funding, this competition is for you!
- If you designed or built a great product, then this competition is for you!
- If you are running a start-up that is less than 6 months and want to see how your idea stacks up, this competition is for you!
How will the competition work?
First and foremost you need to be a fan of GoDaddy UK on Facebook. If you are not already, you can do that by following the link to the Facebook page here.
Starting on 2nd October 2017, each day, we will add a new post which will be pinned to the top of our Facebook feed. The posts will look like the below:
To enter, all you need to do is comment on the post in 100 words or less as to why your business should win the funding. As well as this, entrants will need to head to the link on the post and complete the sign-up form. Only entrants that have completed both stages will be put forward for judging.
At 5 pm UK time, the competition for the day’s category will close and the judging will begin! Winners will be notified on the day!
Each day, two businesses or business ideas from within the category will win £1,000 to begin their crowdfunding campaigns on Crowdfunder.co.uk.
This will be a week-long competition and will include different daily categories for businesses to enter. So whatever your business idea, we should have a category for you!
2 Oct: Food + Drink
3 Oct: Social Enterprise
4 Oct: Female Entrepreneurs
5 Oct: Product Ideas
6 Oct: Startup
Each daily competition will be live from 12:01 am the day of and entrants can enter until 5 pm UK time each day and the winner is then announced right after 5:00 pm.
For the past few years, Richard Branson and the Virgin team have been running the Voom competition for small businesses to win a part of funding totaling £1million. The great news is that every single entrant for the GoDaddy crowdfunding competition will be entered into the Voom2018 competition!
Let the great crowdfunding begin!
GoDaddy Crowdfunder Competition terms and conditions
- This competition is available to anyone who wishes to enter (Entrants).
- This Competition is not open to employees (or their immediate family members) of GoDaddy or its associated brands/companies.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- To take part in the Competition, Entrants will need to be resident in Great Britain. For the purposes of this promotion Great Britain shall be England, Wales and Scotland.
- Consumer Entrants of GoDaddy that wish to take part in the Competition will need to be of the minimum entry age of eighteen (18) years old.
- Entrants must tell GoDaddy their business idea and why they should win in 100 words or less. Entrants should add their idea and reasons to the GoDaddy competition post on the GoDaddy UK Facebook page, or the same post on the Crowdfunder Facebook page, share the post and provide their details to Crowdfunder.
- All submissions will be screened by GoDaddy and any business ideas that may cause harm to others or offence will not be accepted. Such submissions will be disqualified from the competition and posts may be deleted by GoDaddy.
- The competition is divided into five categories, with one day of the competition dedicated to each. The categories are:
Day 1, 2nd October 2017: Food & Drink
Day 2, 3rd October 2017: Social Enterprise
Day 3, 4th October 2017: Female entrepreneurs
Day 4, 5th October 2017: Product ideas
Day 5, 6th October 2017: Start-up
- Submissions made for each category that are made on the wrong day shall not be entered into the competition.
- GoDaddy cannot take responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason.
- There will be 2 winners from each category and they will both receive a £1000 pledge to an all-or-nothing crowd funding campaign.
- The competition winner will be determined by Crowdfunder by 17.30 on the same day
- The winner will be announced by GoDaddy with a comment on the post after 17:00 as well as a private message on their Facebook account. Crowdfunder will also contact the winners within 7 days from the closing date.
- If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, Crowdfunder and GoDaddy reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Crowdfunder’s selection of the winner is final and binding in all matters.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other Entrants will be used as per the privacy policies of GoDaddy and Crowdfunder.
- Each daily competition will commence at 00:00 of the day referenced above and the Offer is due to expire at 16:00 on the same day. No entries will be accepted outside of these times.
- This Offer is made subject to the GoDaddy General terms and Conditions, Facebook AUP and Crowdfunder rules.
- By entering this competition, all Entrants are indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- GoDaddy reserves the right to vary or amend these terms at any time and to withdraw the competition at any time without liability
Image by: Nicholas Green via Unsplash.